Essential for men’s virility and testosterone production, Vitamin D is widely deficient and declines with age.
- Vitamin D Receptors (VDRs) are present in the testes, prostate and sperm. Some believe this reflects Vitamin D’s key roles in reproductive health.
- Vitamin D-metabolizing enzymes are present in the “T-factory” Leydig Cells, suggesting D may be involved in testosterone synthesis.
- D boosts calcium absorption. Some research shows men experience a bigger jump in T levels when they combine strength training with calcium.1
- It might keep SHGB in check. SHGB hormone binds, neutralizes and diminishes active free testosterone. Vitamin D might boost T by subtracting SHGB.
Other Benefits for Men
- Beyond testosterone support, Vitamin D is good for bone strength, immune health, sperm motility, muscle metabolism and physical performance.