Emergen-C® offers a wide variety of dietary supplements formulated with vitamin C, B, and electrolytes.
Emergen-C is a brand well-known for their immune system support supplements. It’s primary ingredient is vitamin C. This Emergen-C review details its benefits and advantages over other vitamin C supplements:
- Easy to consume. Emergen-C is available in powdered form, gummies or chewables.
- A wide range of health solutions. Emergen-C offers an array of dietary supplements for varying health issues, including immunity, sleep, energy, and probiotics.
- Established. Emergen-C has been used for 4 decades.
Emergen-C is a powdered drink dietary supplement that was developed in 1978. Their vitamin C supplements are formulated to aid your immune system, overall health and well-being.
Emergen-C supplements contain a blend of vitamin C, B vitamins, and electrolytes. Additionally, you’ll find antioxidants, probiotics, zinc, manganese, and caffeine within their range of supplements. Emergen-C are primarily known for their 1000mg vitamin C dietary supplement, which contains more vitamin C than 10 oranges.
Vitamin C is an antioxidant which protects your cells and keeps them healthy. Furthermore, its assists with the production of collagen and increases the amount of iron absorbed from vegetables, such as sprouts and broccoli.
Why Use Emergen-C
Emergen-C is available in an array of formulas, including powders (which can be mixed with water or juice) and tablets to support your immune system, as well as other areas of your health. The majority of Emergen-C supplements contains 1000mg of vitamin C which is considered a potent dose as the recommended daily amount suggested by the US Department of Agriculture is 60-90mg per day for adults.
The research of Linus Pauling suggested that as vitamin C cannot be manufactured internally, higher doses should be consumed. This is because vitamin C plays a role in many body functions, including immune system support, antioxidant activity and connective tissue repair.
Emergen-C Patents and Research
At this time of writing in 2018, Emergen-C does not have any research backing it specifically.
Emergen-C Nutritional Supplement Uses
Emergen-C offers immune support via their vitamin C formulation. Unlike other supplements, Emergen-C delivers an abundance of nutrients to support your overall health and well-being. Its original supplement in powder form provides nutrients within a fizzy drink, which is easy to consume and digest.
Emergen-C Immune System Supplements
The original formulation of Emergen-C delivers excellent support for the immune system. Emergen-C is formulated with vitamin C, vitamin B, and electrolytes. Electrolytes are essential for your health as they aid energy production, fluid balance and muscle contraction. Electrolytes can be lost via sweating or exercise. The electrolytes used in Emergen-C include sodium, magnesium, calcium, potassium and phosphorus.
Clinical studies have shown that taking a vitamin C supplement daily may reduce the risk of catching a common cold.
Emergen-C Energy Supplements
Emergen-C offer a version of their original supplement with energy boosting ingredients. Emergen-C Energy+ is formulated with natural caffeine from green tea, B vitamins and vitamin C. Unlike coffee, green tea contains lower amounts of caffeine for a natural energy boost. Per 8 ounces, brewed coffee contains on average, 100-200mg of caffeine. In comparison, green tea contains around 30 -50 mg per 8 ounces. Consuming too much caffeine can result in headaches, insomnia and anxiety. Therefore, consuming lower amounts is a safe and effective way to improve energy levels and fatigue without these side effects.
Additionally, green tea contains L-theanine, an amino acid which has been demonstrated to work in synergy with caffeine. Research has revealed that caffeine and L-theanine work in combination to boost focus and alertness.
B vitamins are also highly effective for improving energy levels. People deficient in B vitamins suffer from fatigue as these nutrients help the body convert food into energy.
Emergen-C Sleep Supplements
Emergen-C offer a sleep supplement in the form of Emergen-Zzzz. This range of supplements naturally promotes sleep and relaxation with the inclusion of melatonin, vitamin C and other antioxidants. Melatonin is a natural hormone which helps to regulate our natural body clock. When we become tired in the evening, the level of melatonin in our body tends to rise, while when we wake in the mornings, melatonin production halts. Using melatonin in supplements is beneficial for those whose natural melatonin levels rise too late or stop too early. A 2013 study on sleep showed that melatonin improved total sleep time and overall quality of sleep in those with sleep disorders.
Emergen-C Benefits and Brand Advantages
Emergen-C delivers a range of benefits and brand advantages, including;
- Convenient – Emergen-C products are easy and convenient to use, available in varying supplement types. Emergen-C can be found in powder form, gummies, and chewables.
- Pleasant taste – Emergen-C products are available in a range of flavors, including orange, grape, tropical, cherry, raspberry, and lemon-lime.
- Wide range of nutrients – Emergen-C products are formulated with an array of vitamins and minerals, including vitamin C and B vitamins.
- Tailored to specific health issues – Emergen-C offer an abundance of products, tailored to specific health issues, including sleep problems, fatigue, and low immunity.
- Non-GMO – Emergen-C supplements are verified non-GMO.
- Gluten free – all Emergen-C supplements are free from gluten.
- Naturally sourced ingredients – no artificial dyes are used within Emergen-C products, only naturally sourced ingredients are used to sweeten and color the supplements.
- Suitable for children – Emergen-C Kidz are a range of supplements suitable for children aged 4 to 13 years of age.
- Good reputation – Emergen-C is a highly popular supplement range with 40 years experience.
Dosage for Emergen-C
- Traditional Emergen-C should be consumed in a serving of 1000mg dose of vitamin C (one powdered drink mix).
- It is recommended not to consume more than 2000mg of vitamin C per day. In other words, no more than two sachets of Emergen-C should be consumed per day.
- Additional Emergen-C supplements should be consumed as directed.
- Emergen-C supplements can be taken with each other. For instance, Emergen-C Immune + gummies can be consumed with one of the supplements from the immune, sleep, energy, hydrate, or replenish range as long as over 2000mg of vitamin C is not taken.
Emergen-C Side Effects
Emergen-C has no known side effects. However, as with all dietary supplements, those who are pregnant or taking medication should consult a doctor before usage.
Supplements in Review Recommendation
- Emergen-C Everday Immune Support containing 1000mg of vitamin C.
Emergen-C is a high quality supplement for aiding immunity and overall health and wellness. If you’re searching for a convenient and easy to use dietary supplement for boosting immunity, Emergen-C is one of the best brands around. While there is currently no research on the brand, Emergen-C have 40 years experience in the supplement industry and provide a wide range of supplements for overall health.
Dosages 0f 1000mg are ideal. No more than 2000mg of vitamin C should be consumed daily. In 1000mg doses (one sachet of powdered drink), a high amount of vitamin C is delivered to protect against immune system deficiencies and other diseases.
Leave a Reply