ElevATP® is a peat and apple extract clinically shown to increase ATP production and bolster muscle growth and strength.
- Patented. U.S. patents protect the supplement’s unique method for increasing the absorption of supplementary ATP.
- Researched. Clinical trials have demonstrated that ElevATP can stimulate ATP production and support muscle growth and strength.
- Safe. The all-natural supplement is widely recognized as safe by multiple food and nutrition institutions.
ElevATP is a proprietary, branded combination of peat (or fossilized plants) and apple extracts manufactured by Van Drunen Farms FutureCeuticals. The rich store of trace minerals and polyphenols in certain plant extracts have long been associated with improvements in blood flow and the production of ATP, the body’s primary source of energy.
Typical ATP supplements tend to degrade immediately upon ingestion. In contrast, ElevATP allows its ATP content — produced by its peat and apple extracts — to be absorbed in the digestive system. Once absorbed, ElevATP provides much-needed energy to muscles — ultimately improving workout performance and body composition. Several clinical studies have confirmed the various performance benefits of ElevATP, especially in conjunction with resistance training.
The pronounced advantage of taking ElevATP instead of other ATP supplements is that its patented technology facilitates ATP bioabsorption. What’s more, ElevATP has received numerous certifications and awards attesting to its safety and excellence.
How ElevATP Works
There are several proposed mechanisms that may explain how ElevATP supports muscle gains, including the following: 1
- Increasing muscular excitability.
- Stimulating blood flow near muscles.
- Enhancing signal transduction in muscle cells.
These processes may lead to increases in the amount of ATP in and around muscles, which, in turn, provides the muscles with the necessary energy to contract and work. Generally, the more ATP available, the longer and more intensely muscles are able to perform.
The proprietary composition of ElevATP and similar peat and apple extracts has been shown to improve ATP production and is covered by U.S. Patent 9327005.
ElevATP Nutritional Supplement Uses
ElevATP has demonstrated a potent ability to provide muscles with ATP, which is essential for them to function. The availability of ATP is particularly crucial for exercise since it demands considerable energy. ElevATP may impart various benefits when taken as a pre-workout supplement:
- Improving muscle strength and power output.
- Increasing workout capacity.
- Promoting the growth and retention of lean body mass.
ElevATP might also be able to improve resistance to exercise fatigue, although research supporting this claim is limited. All in all, the supplement may be ideal for strength athletes, bodybuilders, and others who participate in regular endurance or resistance training.
ElevATP provides a number of distinct advantages compared with generic ATP supplements:
- Clinical research: Multiple randomized, controlled studies have shown that ElevATP taken during periods of exercise training may increase muscle strength, girth, and performance.
- High absorption: Unlike most ATP supplements, ElevATP uses patented technology to support its effective absorption.
- Certification: ElevATP is an all-natural and fully soluble supplement that is vegan-friendly, gluten-free, and non-GMO Project Verified. It has also received approval as a natural health product from Health Canada and Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS) status from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- Awards: It was also a finalist in the 2018 NutraIngredients U.S. awards.
Several clinical trials has affirmed that ElevATP is capable of boosting muscle size and strength, along with various other workout performance benefits.
In this double-blinded, randomized, placebo-controlled study, 25 men took either a placebo or 150 mg of ElevATP every day for 8 weeks during a period of resistance training. The ElevATP led to statistically significant increases in total muscle strength and peak vertical jump capacity compared with the placebo.
- The researchers concluded that “the proprietary blend of ancient peat and apple extracts were capable of increasing lower body and total strength as well as lower body power output. Moreover, the supplement was able to prevent performance decrements commonly associated with increased training volume and overreaching.”2
In this double-blinded, randomized, placebo-controlled study, 25 men consumed either a placebo or 150 mg of ElevATP daily during a 12-week period of consistent resistance training. The ElevATP group had statistically significant increases in muscle thickness and size based on x-ray and ultrasound imaging. In addition, the muscle gains took place without greatly increasing body fat.
- The researchers concluded that “supplementation with a proprietary blend of ancient peat and apple extracts may be beneficial for enhancing the hypertrophic effects of resistance training on skeletal muscle without augmenting body fat content or safety parameters.”3
In this double-blinded, randomized, placebo-controlled study, 9 sedentary adults took either a placebo or 150 mg ElevATP every day before completing a stair-climbing exercise for 3 consecutive days. The participants took a significantly greater number of steps and burned more calories when taking ElevATP compared with the placebo. There were no significant changes in lactic acid or blood sugar levels between the groups.
- The researchers concluded that “subjects that did not exercise regularly experienced a significant increase in exercise performance as well as an increased caloric burn upon supplementation of a single dose of ElevATP.”4
- Successful clinical trials have used 150 mg of ElevATP per day.
- ElevATP typically comes in 150 mg serving sizes for both single- and multi-ingredient formulas.
Supplements in Review Recommendation
- ElevATP®, 150 mg.
ElevATP supports muscle growth and workout performance. Multiple clinical studies have shown that taking ElevATP when exercising can lead to considerable gains in muscle size and strength, as well as other performance benefits such as heightening peak jumping ability. ElevATP also has excellent synergy with other natural pre-workout supplements such as caffeine.
Take 150 mg of ElevATP. The daily serving of ElevATP is uniformly 150 mg across nearly all research and manufacturing recommendations. It is most commonly taken along with additional supplements to boost workout efficiency and performance.
- Reyes-Izquierdo T, et al. The effect of elevATP™ on whole blood ATP levels: a single dose, crossover clinical study. J Aging Res Clin Practice. 2014;3:56-60. ↩
- Joy JM, et al. Ancient peat and apple extracts supplementation may improve strength and power adaptations in resistance trained men. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2016;16:224. ↩
- Joy JM, et al. Supplementation with a proprietary blend of ancient peat and apple extract may improve body composition without affecting hematology in resistance-trained men. Applied Physiology, Nutrition, and Metabolism. 2015 July 24. 40(11):1171-7. ↩
- Reyes-Izquierdo T, et al. The Effect of ElevATP on Exercise Output: A Single Dose, Blinded, Three-Way Cross-Over Study. Current Trends in Nutraceuticals. 2016 August 31;1:2. ↩
- Joy JM, et al. Twelve weeks supplementation with an extended-release caffeine and ATP-enhancing supplement may improve body composition without affecting hematology in resistance-trained men. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2016;13:25. ↩